A Healing Art
Acupuncture is a complete medical system that originated in ancient China. It is based on a very simple concept that a life energy, called Qi (or Chi), flows through all living things.
Much as a river flows through a valley, nourishing the plants and creatures along its shores, qi flows freely through channels in your body. Qi nurtures your body, mind and spirit, promoting vitality, tranquility, and robust health.
Acupuncture treats the source of the problem, it does not simply suppress symptoms. As your body regains its natural harmony, the symptoms typically begin to subside.
Scope of benefits
Acupuncture is recognized worldwide as an effective treatments for many conditions including:
- Back Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Digestive disorders
- Joint pain
- Menstrual difficulties
- Mood swings
- Respiratory disorders
With ongoing treatment for maintenance and health promotion, you will likely find that:
- You will tend to get sick less often and recover more quickly
- Your vitality and capacity for pleasure and creativity will improve
- Your relationships with others will deepen and become more harmonious
- Health problems other than those for which you entered treatment are likely to clear up
- You will have reductions in long-term health care costs
As in any form of healing, the patient’s attitude, diet, determination and lifestyle will affect the outcome of a course of treatment. Patients are encouraged to actively participate in their healing process.